BLACKOUT SQUAD COMPETITION
Terms and conditions
- The New Balance Blackout Squad competition (the "Competition") is open to residents of the UK and those living outside of the UK aged 14 and over.
- The Competition is not open to employees or agencies of New Balance, or their group companies or family members, freelance contractors, or anyone else connected with New Balance or to the Competition. Any such entries will be rejected.
- To enter the Competition you must complete the online application form and include details of your name, age, home address, picture (optional), Twitter / Instagram handle, football playing position, UK shoe size and apparel size.
Once this has been completed you are also required to post a video to @NBFootball using the hashtag #NBBlackoutSquad
- By submitting an application form entry into the Competition you confirm your agreement to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- If you have any questions about how to enter the Competition or any questions in connection with the Competition, please email email@example.com and include "New Balance Blackout Squad competition" in the subject header line. Please do not email us to enter; only email if you have difficulties using the online application form.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. You are responsible for any costs (if any) of sending your Competition entry to us and for the cost of recording any associated video footage.
- New Balance accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered, accessed or entered for any technical or other reason.
- The first phase of the Competition closes at 23.59 BST on 23rd July 2017. This stage simply requires you to fill out the entry form before sending us a video of you completing one of the three challenges set. All entries will be judged by NBFootball players and Staff. They will be looking for players who have executed the challenges most effectively. Players will also be judged on their ability to represent and spread the word about NBFootball. Entries received after this date and time will not be considered by New Balance. Photos/Videos must be sent in via to official NBFootball social media channels using #NBBlackoutSquad.
- The second phase of the Competition, will involve 100 applicants who have been shortlisted by NBFootball players and Staff (the judges). These 100 will have their names and social handles placed into a voting mechanic. Their aim is to get the most votes they can from friends, family and teammates. The players with the most votes by the end of the process will be named in the Blackout squad. Voting closes on 17th August 2017, 23.59 BST. Entries for the second phase of the Competition received after this date and time will not be considered by New Balance. In the event of a draw the judges will go back to both the application and photos/videos submitted to then choose the person who they feel best to represent the brand.
- Sixty (60) winners will be chosen by New Balance in relation to the Global competition.
- The winners will be notified via social media on 18th August 2017 and given details of how their prize will be distributed.
- If for any reason it is not possible for New Balance to distribute the prize to the address provided by an entrant to the Competition within 14 days of New Balance attempting to do so, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and New Balance shall be entitled to select another winner. If any notified winner does not respond/accept the prize within 5 days then New Balance reserves the right to select another winner.
- Prizes associated with the Competition are non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and are not redeemable for cash or other prizes. You will be allocated prizes according to the size details you provide at the time of entering the Competition. Each Competition winner will receive: Two pairs of Blackout boots; Two pairs of colour-way boots at each drop throughout 12 months; Tech Jacket; Short Sleeve Jersey; Pants, Shin Guards, Back-Pack, and 1 pair of white socks.
- New Balance reserves the right at all times to substitute any prize with another prize of similar value in the event the original prize offered is for any reason not available.
- By submitting an entry form to the Competition you agree that if you are a prize winner that you may be required for promotional activity (at no cost to you) and any image/photo/entry video may be used for promotional purposes by New Balance on New Balance channels (online/social/internal).
- No purchase of any New Balance product is necessary to enter into the Competition.
- Subject to condition 20 below, New Balance accepts no responsibility or liability and shall not be responsible or liable for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition or winning, accepting or using any prize. New Balance further disclaims any liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer, tablet or mobile device relating to or arising from any participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition. New Balance’s maximum liability in relation to the Competition shall be to deliver the notified prizes to winners of the Competition.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit the liability of New Balance for any death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation suffered as a result of negligence on the part of New Balance.
- New Balance shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where such failure is caused by something outside of New Balance’s reasonable control including, but without limitation, any inclement weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, act of terrorism, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion or any government legislation.
- New Balance reserves the right at any time to modify, amend or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside of the control of New Balance.
- The decision of New Balance in all matters associated with the Competition including (but without limitation the selection of the Competition winners) shall be final and binding and no explanation of any decision shall be required to be given by New Balance to any entrants of the Competition.
- The Competition will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and in the event of any dispute such dispute shall be determined in the English Courts. By submitting an entry form for the Competition you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- The promoter and organiser of the Competition is New Balance Athletic Shoes (UK) Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with company number 01616165 and having its registered office at Appleton House, 430 Birchwood Boulevard, Birchwood, Warrington, Cheshire WA3 7WD